Sunday, March 21, 2010

Daisy the Flower Dog!

My faithful little companion, helping me do some flowers. Or mostly keeping me company!

I always thought it would be so fun to do a "flower dog" collar. I have seen it done before and figured I should at least try it on my own fur ball!

The collar is basically a heavy duty lei that fits securely around the dog's neck like a standard collar would. Depending on the size of the dog, you would want something that is proportional to your own pup. Larger dogs would benefit from flowers like roses, large cymbidium orchids, gerbera daisies, while the smaller toy dogs could wear lighter and daintier flowers such as spray roses, dendrobium or mokara orchids, miniature gerbera daisies, etc.

It's important to know which flowers are going to be mildly or very toxic to your dog! I would recommend staying away from lilies, carnations, daisies and larkspur - these can cause gastro upsets (or worse) for your furry friends on your wedding day! A great website to find whether your flowers or house plants are toxic or not is from the ASPCA Poison Control.

No comments:

Post a Comment